Old April 20th 04, 02:12 PM
Chad

Default What's good at Tahoe right now?

"og" wrote in message ...
If it's windy at Kirkwood it WILL be windy at Mammoth. I was talking to
some locals at Mammoth and I forget what they call the prevailing wind there
but you can count on winds at 11k feet.

OBTW KIrkwood is open weekends through Memorial day. First time in a
number of years.

"Chad" wrote in message
om...
"PJ4LIFE" wrote in message

Don't know. But I can tell you Breckenridge, CO is SICK right now. I've

been
up their once a week for the last month and it's awesome. Full coverage

and
the whole mtn is open. Freestyle Terrain park 8 OWNS. Can't wait til

next
weeks episode.... MoJo flows super HIGH
"David" wrote in message
Is there any good snow near Tahoe now? Where?

Also what Tahoe locations are typically good over Memorial Day

weekend?

Thx.
David

I would not risk Kirkwood, it gets super windy. Its worth the extra
drive to Mammoth, if your going once... I used to work there-- ask how
to get to the "noids"

Winds can get up to 200mph there. They have an automatic shutoff for
the gondola at 80mph, which is actually pretty high. The wind is
obviously worst at top but once your off the top its not as bad.