Old February 14th 04, 02:28 AM
Kenny1111

In article , says...

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Jon C wrote:

Killington is maybe 3 hours from Boston and always has some great

skiing.
It's usually crowded, but won't be on a Monday. Huge mountain, has
everything you could want. Nice glades.

I wouldn't say it's a huge mountain, I'd say it's a huge area that is
strung out over several peaks. Not my favorite, as I've said before.
Kind of the LA of VT ski mountains - think sprawl. But you'll always
find many people to argue against that point vociferously.

Okemo and Stratton are both entirely decent mountains within about 3 and

half hours, I haven't been to either but they seem popular. Okemo has a
reputation as a great place for snowboarders.

Okemo is more "modern" than Stratton, but not in a good way. I don't
like it. Stratton is more of a classic area, but in a very expensive
sense of classic. A cruiser's mountain, par excellence.

Then there's Sugarbush. This is one of my favorite mountains. Pretty
unique, there's a chairlift that brings you to a completely different
mountain with quite different trails.

Sugarbush has a real old-time feel to it, but with modern high-speed
lifts. Not that many trails, but those it has count. I was just there
last weekend. One of the VT classics, along with Stowe, and the wilder
Mad River Glen.

Dave

Mad River Glen is nice if you like to ski moguls, trees and ride super slow
lifts.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

As much as slow lifts can be annoying, when I've been to MRG I've
actually welcomed the slow lifts b/c the terrain tires me out so much
:-)