Old January 19th 05, 09:39 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Greg Hilton :
It all depends what you do.

Skiing powder or moguls and the ski could release when you are fine
based on the "standard" settings, this IMHO is as bad as them not
releasing.

I haven't messed with my binding settings, but they appear to be set to
a surprisingly low 4. Maybe that's because of the shop's equipment (don't
they go by what their strain machines tell them, rather than the value
given in the window on the binding?).

Anyway, during our 15 days' skiing over Christmas and the new year, I
skied plenty of moguls and powder off-piste. Granted, I don't ski them
aggressively, but I never had a ski release when I didn't want it to.

They did, however, release when I did want them to (I'm really bad in
poor light, and took a few tumbles in what would normally be the
easiest of places).

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@