Old February 21st 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Any way to tell if wax is high fluoro or not?

On Feb 16, 2:25 am, highpeaksnordic wrote:
I have seen some Toko wax (the 100 gram bars) packed in a ziploc bag,
which simply has a stick-on label - I guess you take that purchase on
faith or buy from your local, reputable shop!

Few years ago, when I was still in xc skiing, these waxes was for
racing service. Toko never had fancy boxes for racing service waxes,
but they also never had racing service waxes sold in normal stores.
For Swix it was different, and racing service waxes were normally same
as waxes sold in stores.
But it's been a while, since I was wax technician in World cup, so
things could be different now

As for original poster goes. Back at my days, HF waxes had different
smell (even when not melted) then LF or non fluoro waxes. And smell
was so much different, you could easily tell which one is which. And
on top of that, LF waxes were more colorful (brighter color) then HF
waxes. But they never sparkled as pure fluoro waxes did when melted.
But once again, things can be different today

Take care,
Primoz
http://www.photo.si