Old February 19th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Dave M-K

Default Any way to tell if wax is high fluoro or not?

Aren't the sparkles only evident in pure fluoros?

Dave

"Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)" wrote in
message
Ah, so the huge difference in the way that fluoro SPARKLES when you
iron it compared to the plain old HC wax isn't an obvious way to tell
them apart? Hello?

I don't have new waxes but the old fluoro waxes that I have LIGHT UP
when I iron them. (To an extent. I'm exaggerating for effect...)

I find it WEIRD that no one is mentioning this difference when this
REMARKABLE effect was commonly mentioned and marveled at back when
fluoro first came around. Does it no longer occur due to some weird
change in production? Hello?

--JP