Old February 15th 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default What to look for in a helmet

I know.. its kind of sad.. between the usenet spammers
and dedicated website 'communities' it seems this group
and most others are on the way out...

Personally I would rather use a usenet newsgroup
(w/o spam) than a website. Its faster and its one
central place instead of many scattered.

Anyways, soembody please send some snow to the
NORTH EAST. Not the south. Or the mid-atlantic.
I'm talking VT/NH/ME

I'm tired of getting excited about powder days that
are so deep I can't see my ankles!

"Sean C" SeanC wrote in
:

"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote in message
. 3.44...

The most important thing is that it fit on your head properly

and that
is something the shop should help you with if they are any

good. It
should be snug on your head (not crushing it!) to be most

effective.
Obviously secondary considerations are look and options such as

audio.

I second everything Mike said about fit. A loose fitting helmet

will
not do you any favors in the protection area or in comfort.

OT - glad to see a new post in the group. Miss the irregular

banter of
the past, now this place is a desert!

Happy boarding everyone.

SC