Old July 15th 03, 03:42 AM
Mitch Collinsworth

Default Victor Hugo Pena as a XC Skier

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Serge wrote:

By the way, Armstrong was a champion swimmer in his school years too.

It is a good cardio base and soooooo boring that if you can exell at
swimming,
everything else is a picnic.

Just finished listening to his book on tape, which I recently received
as a b-day present. He was apparently a pretty successful triathlete
for a while, before the cycling folks scooped him up. He claims the
upper body was a drawback to his cycling career and actually credits
the cancer with finally stripping it from him. Once he started training
again he was able to rebuild without the upper body and that's when
success really began happening. According to the book anyway. Ok,
so most folks here probably know the Armstrong story far better than I
do... I found it interesting. I liked the book but did not like the
voice they chose to read it on tape. I don't know Lance, but I couldn't
help but feel he was poorly represented by the way the reader delivered
the lines, most or all of which are written in first-person.

-Mitch