Old September 17th 14, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Engleberg skiing

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:36:17 GMT, "Jérémy" wrote:

Ace wrote in
:

I also found on the same page some details of the plan to link us with
Meiringen-Hasliberg and Melchsee-Frutt. Seems that they submitted a
planning application again a couple of years back, but it's still not
been approved :-(

The tendency seems to be the other way. Did you see the 4 Vallées has
fallen to bits?

Well, politically it has, yes, but then it was only ever a loose
alliance of warring parties at best. I think the smaller villages
statred out very much as second-rate partners and are now demanding a
larger share of the cake proportional to the amount of skiing they
offer, but the majority of their visitors actually stay in Verbier.

In the proposed link-up here, which was first mooted more than a
decade ago, Meiringen-Hasliberg is almost as large a ski area as
Engleberg (albeit not as steep) and the towns combined are actually
larger, so it would be much more a partnership of equals.
--
Ace
Prime Ski School, Engelberg, CH