Old March 11th 10, 09:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Things are pretty slow here, everybody must be on the slopes

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Did you get my email that a friend of mine
was heading in your direction? I can't
remember if John was one of the crew that
skied with Walt when he was here last year.
Oh, yeah, the dude coming your way is John.

I don't remember either... we spent a fair amount of time skiing with
one other guy who's name escapes me. As I recall, you stole his jacket
at lunch if that's any help. You took his radio along with the jacket,
and since you still had your own radio it made for some horrendeous
feedback in the gondola whenever you tried to talk on it.

The season is winding down here - all the snow's gone from the driveway,
and the XC season seems to be over. My hill still has 5 or 6 feet of
base, so they'll be good for another month. This Saturday we start
sailing, although I'm torn between going skiing on getting the out in a
boat.

//Walt

Yeah, Walt, that's the guy. I did steal john's
jacket when you were here. Funny bit.

As of Monday we were expecting rain ^H^H liquid
snow for the weekend. Each day the weather report
got better. As of today we are expecting a bit
of snow and maybe a little rain over night Saturday,
not enough to spoil anything.

I'm working at Pico on Saturday which will probably
be overcast but the conditions are currently great.
I'll be a K on Sunday which means, in case the
weather report is wrong, I can ride a gondola and
hide in a First Aid hut for most of the day.

Killington is only reporting a 42" base depth, but
that is at the reporting stake near the top of
the mountain. Where snowmaking has been extensive
(Superstar) that is much more and the 42" is on
top and is all natural so it doesn't glaze up over
a day's use. The warm weather helps too.

I HEART spring skiing.
..