Old March 24th 11, 09:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Sylvain Fauvel[_2_]

Default Long adjustable ski poles

Leki has "Photo Carbon Speedlock" that extend to 170cm.

I am not sure how "Photo" poles handle backcountry skiing though.
On the web site, they look similar to normal poles except they
have more sections.

Probably expensive.

Hope this helps.

Sylvain

On 2011-02-26, wrote:

I am about ready to take my tele skis backcountry.

However I am having trouble finding poles that work.
I use 165cm poles for classic XC skiing, and the longest
adjustable poles I have found are just 145cm at their
longest. I do my tele turns at 115-120cm. But with 145cm
I have to bend over to go uphill, which does not work well.

Does anyone make poles that go from 115-165cm?