Old May 11th 06, 10:54 PM

In article ,
wrote:
In article ,
Peter Clinch wrote:

[...]

Yep. But I have only choice between TUA Cirque MX, Tua Grande Neige MX
and Tua Montet MX. There are Viper MX too, but they were racing skis for
hardpack snow - definitely not for backcountry...
All of them are unused and cost 10 quid for a pair.

_ Pounds or Euros? 10 Euros sounds about right for an unmounted
still in the wrapper pair of these skis.

According to my researches - Montets require plastic boots so I am
thinking rather about Cirque and Grande Neige...

_ If I remember correctly, Montets would be okay with a
reasonable 3 pin leather boot and cables if you can find
such a beast these days. I certainly remember plenty of
people skiing on such a setup.

Another question is - how to choose the right lenght? I am 182cm/75kg
plus backpack (10-15kg). What were the rules 6-7 years ago - mind they
are old skis

Grande Neige MX are 200cm only.
Cirque - 192 and 200cm.

_ I think you'd be happier on the shorter skis for making turns.
The Cirque was a very highly regarded ski in it's day as well as
the Montet MX. The Grande Neige I can remember nothing about. I
don't think you could really go too far wrong with any of these
skis, they are much more similar than different. Especially in
comparision to what's currently in vogue for telemark skis.

_ You might try poking around www.archive.org and looking for
old reviews on the www.couloir-mag.com website.

_ If all else fails buy the red ones, red is always faster...

_ Booker C. Bense