Old July 18th 03, 04:51 AM
Serge

Default QUESTIONS ABOUT ROLLERSKIS AND POLES

When I follow European rollerski competition (rollerskitour.com) I
don't ever
see aero wheels.

If what Mike saying is true and aero wheels are faster than solid PU
wheels
why aren't nobody is using them?

My expirience as a speedskater tells me that harder wheels are faster
as long
as rebound is there. I've never tried "pump up" wheels, of course, but
they should be softer than soft skating wheels for sure.

What I see on photos from races they use short (530mm) rollerski with
100mm wheel and that's it. No 125 Aero, no 150 Aero or any aero.

Can somebody clear that matter?

This is important because skating industry is moving towards 100mm
wheel
not being on 84mm for a year. Nobody half-way serious is talking about
80mm wheel any more.

If all this is going to settle on 100mm, we will have a host of wery
good
quality, wery fast wheels for various conditions for skating and
rollerskiing alike.
Remember, pro speedskaters do marathon in 1 hour (which is 26 MPH last
time
I checked).