Old July 14th 03, 07:35 PM
Sue

Default Opinions on La Tania please !

In message , Ben Hodson
writes

The friend with the chalet has got back to me and the free periods a

31 Jan for 14 days
28 Feb for 14 days

Any advice as to likely snow conditions

Late Jan to early Feb was good last year with serious fresh snow.
Late Feb to early March was dry and warm with serious slush.
Unless a credible weather wonk tells you otherwise, the earlier dates
are a better bet.
But remember kids, any skiing holiday is a gamble on the weather!

and numbers of French School
children likely to be encountered in those periods ?

Get yer calendrier scolaire 'e
http://www.education.gouv.fr/prat/cal03.htm
and scroll down for details.

The one to always avoid is the first week of the Paris (zone C)
fortnight which is 14th to 22nd Feb - you won't hit that, but both your
fortnights have one week of French school holidays.

Oh and transfers - and public transport options from Lyons, Geneva or
Chamberry to La Tania ?

Sorry, I don't know. The usual method is by pre-booked minibus from the
airport, here's a URL to start you off:

http://www.latania.co.uk/resort/transfers.htm

There's a tourist office in La Tania, you can probably get its phone
number from its website:

http://www.latania.com/

This is summer on rs normal service ("my favourite resort's better
than your favourite, yours is flat and ugly and everybody's ridden it")
will be resumed when the peak booking season arrives.
--
Sue ];(