Old November 19th 03, 03:23 PM
jacob hartsoch

Default Salomon Racing 9 Skate boot fit.

Hi everyone.
I just got a pair of Salomon Racing Skate 9 boots last night. They
are the newer model with the reverse yellow/black color scheme. My
previous boots were Salomon 9.1 SC combi boots (red and grey) in size
UK 9 (43 1/3).

In the new model, the UK 8.5 seemed to fit the same with my normal
socks. Have they changed the sizing in the four or so years since I
got my first boots? I wear a US 10 in running shoes so I feel weird
buying a 300.00 boot that says "US 9" but it seems to fit great. I
don't have much room in front of my toes but I didn't in the old ones
either and they were superb for skating. Should I go up a half size
and have some room in front, or not worry about it since they are
skating only? I figured skating boots don't need any room in front of
your toes unlike classic and I have a very low volume foot.

Thanks,
Jake.