Old December 17th 04, 01:43 AM
Janet

lal_truckee wrote:

In any case the topic is recreational skiers - IMO their boots should
never hurt enough to require unbuckling - not even on extended breaks
like lunch - you put them on in the morning, you take them off when
you're done for the day - they stay on during the day. If unbuckling
relieves pain, get back to the shop that sold them and demand adjustments.

Well, maybe you're comfortable walking around in ski boots that are
completely buckeled up, but a lot of people (including me) are not. It
has nothing to do with fit, pain, etc. I'm just not comfortable walking
in ski boots or standing in line so I will unbuckle when I go inside and
when I have to stand in a long lift line. I'm especially uncomfortable
walking up/down stairs in buckled up ski boots - I feel like
frankenstien... And in the east, most ski areas put the bathrooms
downstairs!

Janet