Old July 12th 05, 10:21 AM
Anders

Tim Kelley wrote:

Yes. But I said "outrun". I believe the tracks you showed are used
for "inruns". See: http://www.everslide.com/productse/ski_hills.html

Way back when I was a wee lad the local newspaper had a big article
about summer skijumping (which was very much a new thing then). The
cost of the plastic outrun was quite high, which meant that summer
skijumping would probably be limited to the big training centers in
Lahti, Jyv=E4skyl=E4 and Kuopio.

However, local enthusiasts had discovered that there was a highly
affordable ersatz solution for use in the club=B4s small hill and were
of the opinion that the club=B4s junior jumpers would greatly benefit of
an opportunity to jump throughout the year. Therefore they hoped that
people wouldn=B4t throw their used toothbrushes into the rubbish bin,
but bring them to local collection points.

(I cannot remember the year, but I=B4m quite sure it was in April...)

Anders