Old March 17th 05, 08:30 PM
NordicSkiRacer

If you don't brush out the wax UNDER the PowerJet, you'll get that
gray-looking, smeary mess when you try to work in the PowerJet. I
always use a horsehair brush to get as much wax out of the structure
before I apply PowerJet, or JetStream, or Sera F...

wrote:
I just bought some Solda Power Jet 1 and after ironing it on, or
rubbing it on then corking, I 'm getting this very dry gray look to

the
base. After skiing it is even worse taking on the characteristics of

really thirsty base. When ironing I make 1-2 quick passes, then cork,
brush, and polish. The rub on method I use is the same without the
ironing step. The skis are deathly slow with no release. I'm trying
figure what all the hype of pure fluro is. Has anyone else had
experience such as this? The skis have a recent quality stone grind,

so
I'm ruling out a sealed base. Moreover, the quick pass of the iron at
medium heat isn't sealing the base. Any thought would be appreciated.
Finally, I would get the same results from Swix Cera F.