Old March 17th 05, 03:22 PM
Mitch Collinsworth

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Daniel Vargo wrote:

I am a Solda user and have had very good luck with their products. I
know on the TorbjornSport site they talk about heating in Powerjet, but
I have rarely done this. My technique, not an endorsement but just what
seems to work for me, is crayon on, cork the daylights out of it (I use
a rotocork) very light brush with horsehair, polish with polishing pad
(I use toko), brush with finishing nylon.

If you are rotocorking the daylights out of it, you are heating it in.

If you are going to heat it in, I have seen people use a piece of
fiberlene over the iron to avoid damaging the bases and to keep the
fluoro "pure". Don't have nay experience with this.

I don't understand how a piece of fiberlene is going to protect the
base from being overheated.

-Mitch