Old December 20th 03, 04:45 AM
SkaredShtles

"MattB" wrote in
:

SkaredShtles wrote:
snip

Ummm... no way. Although it does look fun, doesn't it? We poached
Xmas Tree Bowl by traversing into it from the Chutes entrance gate
and got 4... yes FOUR completely fresh tracks in waist deep pow.

Danger Will Robinson! I've never skied Steamboat (it's far from here)
so I don't know that bowl, but it may have been closed because it's an
avalanche hazard. And if it's not they can throw your ass in jail for
poaching.

Well, it wasn't REALLY poaching, as they had NO ropes up to prevent said
fresh tracks. If any patrol had asked I would've played dumb-ish and
said, "Ahhh... I figured Chute 3 was over here somewhere?!?"

I think I'm just going to call it a season after my first day out.
Nah. Gotta go to Silverton in February.

Hey - you want to go on the San Juan Snowcats in February?

Perhaps. I've gone and spawned, so things are more complicated for me
to take trips than they used to be. I'll probably be doing some
Monarch Snowcat trips this year - a guy I know is a (really good)
photographer and wants to rent a cat for some photo shoots. I
volunteered to help ;-).

Ahhh... ya bahstid!

Are you going to book way in advance?

Already booked. Got the whole cat. Just trying to fill it now.
February 21st if you're interested.........

-T.O.M.-