Old April 17th 04, 03:09 AM
Gary Jacobson

Default Classical Skiers get the shaft agfain at the Birkie

When I did the Birkie, all classical skiers where to have an asterisk next
to their name on result page. I didn't get an asterisk.
No biggie, but I was surprised that they goofed up after trying to do
something for classical skiers. We started off to the side and had a
seperate route for a short distance. Maybe something like 1996.

Tough year for classical skiers at Worldloppet races. Complaints about
tracks at Vasaloppet and Birkiebeiner Rennet. (Also major complaints about
Dolenmitinlauf skate race too.) Good tracks are weather dependent to a large
degree.

How were the Birkie tracks? Would you recommend classical skiing it if one
enjoyed both techniques a like amount?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Lycra- It stretches only so much.

"John Galt" wrote in message
Got my Bicrch Scroll, no results for Men's Classical Birkie. All that

hard
work and the Birchie organization yet again finds a way to treat classical
skiers as second class skiers. (I hear us classical skiers will be

getting
a sheet of results mailed to them sometime in the future, 'Suitable for
insert into your Birch Scroll'. Whoop de doo.)