Old January 24th 05, 05:01 PM
Walt

Can you guys tell me what ski resports in the US are the best for
beginners? Are there any like this?

Multiple long, wide easy beginner slopes.

Fast idiot proof beginner ski lifts.

Not busy during weekdays.

Within a couple of hours of a major city for Airport access so we can
get there in a timely manner.

What else am I missing?

Where are you located? Are there any resorts at all within a couple of
hours of where you live?

The first couple of days on skis are the hardest, and you might as well
get your basic chops down at a local hill rather than spending a bunch
of $$$ flying across the country to flail on the bunny hill. A bunny
hill is a bunny hill, whether it's at the bottom of a real mountain or
surrounded by cornnfields.

That said, most destination resorts have a fair amount of beginner
friendly terrain. And most places are not very crowded midweek.

--
//-Walt
//