Old October 26th 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default roller skiis

I've considered doing a 650mm skate ski, and a 750mm classic ski, both
of which would be 50mm longer than my current models.
The problem is that with the skate, I've only really found about 10
instances where it would make a difference, not enough to make it
worth stocking another design. With the classic, I start to worry
about shaft strength and fatigue, especially as it would be heavier
people wanting the longer skis.

For those of you in NY who would like to see/try the skis, I will be
at the HFL ski swap, and would love to talk more about them.

Ed

Had forgotten about you among the choices. *Too bad there aren't many
longer classical skis for those of us tall with with more length below
the waist (vs. a common Northern European build that's the opposite. I
use Marwe combis with the extensions, which makes them ~825mm, but a
speed reducer would do a lot to widen my terrain and technique
range beyond double poling.

Gene