Old February 27th 04, 10:55 AM
Werner Jacobi

Default noob questions

Jason Watkins wrote:

bindings and I love the convenience but I've read they don't offer the same
control as the traditional strap bindings. Flow bindings look like a very
nice alternative - are they as advertised? (control of strap bindings,
convenience of step ins) TIA

I tried flows for the first time this last weekend. I'm sold. I
personally do not think they're easier than straps to step into... but
I only had a couple runs of messing with them. One problem I'd see
with flows for a total beginner is that you can't sit on your but and
strap into them... you have to be on toeside. Some folks might not
like that.

Best time to learn to strap into the binding while standing. No big
deal, really. Looks damn stupid if you fall while trying to flip the
highback up though..
And it's always faster than sitting down.

The flow's are also harder to adjust... so again, as a beginner you'll
probibly be changing your stance settings pretty often as you try
stuff... that'll be a little more annoying with the flows.

I have marked the positions of the 4 ratchets on each binding with a
silver marker pen.

I thought they were *fantastic* for riding though. Very comfortable,
very firm hold on your foot, no pressure points like with some strap
bindings. I tried the Pro C Extreme, and it's definately the best
binding I've used so far. I'd reccomend it to anyone that wants a
stiff solid binding. I like my current bindings a lot, so I'm
surprised how much better the flow are.

I had to change boots to get full benefit from the flow binding. Now I
have a pair of Burton Moto's. Best boot/binding combo for me. YMMV, though.

Unforetunately, finding flow in stock can be hard, and when you do,
they won't be a bargin :/.

Same in Germany. I dread the day my flows break. Won't be cheap to
replace..

--
Werner Jacobi
nichtrauscherzone studio