Old January 30th 04, 09:45 AM
Playdreamer

Default Grasshopper technique questions!

"Tom" wrote in message

So, my question is, is the above something that most people do a lot, is

this
correct technique (at medium to high speed - clearly you sometimes have to

do
that, eg sharpo direction changes at low speed) or does my need to do this

mean
that there's still something not quite right in my technique?

You are right that although this is a useful skill for short slow speed
turns it is not really the ideal technique for faster riding.

It sounds to me as though you are probably not getting enough weight forward
on to your front foot. If you have too much weight on the back foot (and the
trailing heel edge) as the board crosses the fall line it is difficult to
quickly transition the front of the board on to the toe edge and the heel
edge will often catch before you can make it!

The solution is simple: lean forward on the board going into the turn with
most of your weight on the front foot, now as you cross the fall line it
will be much easier to transition on to the toe edge.

Luke

http://www.snowgo.com