Old January 29th 04, 06:58 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Default Grasshopper technique questions!

I dunno, maybe it's too long since I was a beginner - but all this
kicking the foot, twisting the board stuff sounds pretty limiting. Your
goal is really edge transfer by dynamic leg movement. Probably you
are standing up too straight on your heel-side turn, which really limits
your ability to get to the toe edge. Try getting as low as you can on
the heel-side, and if you think you're too low you're probably still too
straight. As you transition from the end of the heelside and want to
switch edges, rise up and kind of suck your board through and under your
body and onto the other edge, then sink back down into a low toeside
turn. It is easier to stay flexed and low on toeside so that's probably
why you can switch to the heel edge more easily.

My .02 CDN

Neil