Old December 5th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

On 12/4/10 10:32 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Where can you get that thin foam that allows air into your goggles? I
just noticed that the stuff on my favorite goggles is all gone. I tried
duct tape just to close off the draft on previous goggles, but the tape
doesn't stick well.

I got some from Tognar http://www.tognar.com/index.html years ago. I
don't see it any more at a quick glance but you can dig deeper or telephone.

I used spray glue with stencil-like paper maskings to control the spray.
It worked well and lasted another season allowing me to wait til
end-of-season sales to replace the goggles.

Another foam thing you could try - I haven't tried it, just now
remembered it:
My shop vac has a foam sleeve option that slips over the canister filter
to remove fine dust particles - looked to me like the same foam stuff,
in a large, cheep sheet. My vac is Sears, but I expect the filter design
is common.