Old February 5th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Marty

Default Bode

On Feb 5, 2:16 am, Alex Heney wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:59:38 -0500, Mary Malmros
wrote:

Alex Heney wrote in
:

snip

Although most countries entering will have enough skiers that they
don't *need* to enter any one in all events :-)

None of them *need* to. Some (US, Sweden for example) have some who can
perform in all five events; others (Austria for example) don't.

Pardon?

Only two male skiers have points in all five disciplines in the WC
this season, one of whom is Benni Raich. the other being Axel Lund
Svindal.

So I hardly think you can say Austria don't.

I think "perform" means "chance at the podium":

Benni:
- SL (yes)
- GS (yes)
- Combined (yes)
- SG (maybe)
- DH (no)

Aksel:
- SL (maybe)
- GS (yes)
- Combined (yes)
- SG (yes)
- DH (maybe)

Bode:
- SL (not likely, though he has done very well there in the past)
- GS (yes)
- Combined (yes)
- SG (yes)
- DH (yes)

I'd pick all of these guys to do all events IF they were up to it.
--
Marty