Old February 22nd 10, 01:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Clark[_2_]

Default Montgenevre skiing(was Paging (Ms) WUN)

In message 1je7wet.1wr5nll11dqr9sN%totallydeadmailbox@yahoo. co.uk
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

Colin Irvine wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:15:03 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:41:36 +0000,

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Snowing like hell again today, and low cloud, so no skiing.
Why not? Just being lazy, or os it closed? Presumably this is
Montgenevre you're referring to?

Went over to
Italy (Sauze d'Oulx) yesterday. Very picturesque but more crowded than
Montgenevre. Fairly easy skiing, too. plus side: loads of mountain bars
and restaurants.
Yeah, the Italians do like their piste-side refreshments. Sking fro
Bar to Retaurant to Bar can have a certain appeal on occasion;-)

It's largely why we do more skiing in Italy than anywhere else.

Or less, depending on how you define "skiing"

Ain't that the truth :-)))

I once remarked to an italian ski instructor about how empty the slopes
were in Italy when the visibility was not perfect. He replied that many
italians couldn't see the point in skiing if you couldn't admire their
style and dress sense....... ;-)

But I agree, even when touring the food is generally much better in
Italian huts.

Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,