Old February 19th 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Default Montgenevre skiing(was Paging (Ms) WUN)

Ace wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:41:36 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Snowing like hell again today, and low cloud, so no skiing.

Why not? Just being lazy, or os it closed? Presumably this is
Montgenevre you're referring to?

Yes, Montgenevre. Oh, it's open, but the visibility is really terrible
in the cloud. It's actually starting to clear as I write. So yes, it's
laziness. Blundering around in freezing fog isn't my idea of fun, and
going hell-for-leather in a resort I really don't know isn't a good idea
in these conditions.

Went over to
Italy (Sauze d'Oulx) yesterday. Very picturesque but more crowded than
Montgenevre. Fairly easy skiing, too. plus side: loads of mountain bars
and restaurants.

Yeah, the Italians do like their piste-side refreshments. Sking fro
Bar to Retaurant to Bar can have a certain appeal on occasion;-)

Otherwise known as 'syncopation'. While, as any fule kno, is a musical
term meaning an uneven movement from bar to bar.

(x-posted to rsre to try and breath new life over there)

Number One daughter and I went off with one of the guides for a smashing
day, skiing every black in the resort and most of the reds, while The
Doctor, mindful of her pinned knee ligaments, did the same with another
guide at a somewhat slower pace.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Triumph Street Triple Honda CB400F
Suzuki TS250 Suzuki GN250 chateaudotmurrayatidnetdotcom