Old October 1st 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Default Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

Thank you for your suggestions.
One more question: how are the parking lots located in the close
proximity of the chairs. I believe that a good plan would be to have
the base camp in Igls and from there to drive every day to an other
resort.

I would like to know about the parking lots located at the bottom end
of the chairs in the following resorts

Patscherkofel
Stubaier
Axamer Lizum
Kuthai
St Anton

My plan is to drive to St Anton for one or two days. I may also drive
to Innsbruck and take the train from there to St Anton. In the
eventuality I decide to drive I would like to know if there is enough
room for parking or I have to be there early so I can catch a spot.

I believe that this this plan may cover the situation when Innsbruck
doesn't have snow at that time of the year. Is there a parking fee ?
How much ?

How long it will take me to drive to St Anton from Innsbruck ? How is
the road at at that time of the year ? (December 16 - december 23 ?)

Thank you
NP