Old February 25th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default womens relay

Skofterud has a habit of going out hard and posting leading times
early, before fading. No doubt Norway is hoping she can keep it up for
5k.

Gene

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:59:53 -0800
"shreddir" wrote:

I don't get why Vibeke Skofterud is starting the first leg. Is she
skiing classic better than Marte Kristoffersen? Vibeke didn't look
that great in earlier races even though it was freestyle. Key for me
is whether my girl Therese Johaug can keep up with Virpi Kuitinen
(who I think has the most exquisite classic form) even though Virpi
hasn't been crushing everybody like 2 years ago. Therese just has
to give Kristen S Steira a reasonable chance when she starts leg 3.
How weird is it for the Swedish coaches to put Kalla in leg 3 instead
of the anchor? I guess Ida Ingermarsdotter did better in the
individual sprint event. If the track is soft with tons of new
snow, Kalla may break away because she has the best subtle touch in
skating technique. If the track firms up Marit Bjeorgen will kill
it on the finishing kilometer. Maybe somebody who can read the
Aftposten(sp?) website can shed some light on the team selection?