Old February 19th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default Can I set my own bindings?

Walt wrote:

Think of it this way: I'm testing a binding. I place a boot in the
binding and apply a torque of, say, 50 Newton Meters. The binding
doesn't release. I've just described a situation where there is torque
but no motion. Do you say there is no torque here? If so, how does one
ever test a binding?

What are the springs doing? Are they not being compressed motion? I
was trying to think of a torque but no motion example but it seems to
depend where you measure something. If you take a dragster with
automatic transmissions on the start line, engine loaded brakes locked
would be my example. If you look at whole picture it fits statement if
you look at componets it fails.