Old January 12th 04, 03:50 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ington.edu,
James Bassuk wrote:
it needs to take great pics, be quick to boot, and be small enough to fit
into a ski jacket pocket.

I kicked down for a Sony DCR-TRV33 Handy Cam this season. It takes
1 Megapixel stills on the memory card while you're filming with Mini DV
Sony Premium tape. Now I throw a lightweight tripod in my backcountry
pack with the shovel, probe, stove, and down suit. It weighs in a little
more than a pound, and its great for scurrying around the high alpine crags.
The resolution is exceptional. You can check that out for yourself in the
new TGR flick, "High Life." That's what sold me on Sony video, and Sony
sponsors TGR nowadays.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."