Old December 24th 04, 12:09 PM
BobT

"Steve H" wrote in message
news:CdMyd.232222$5K2.1450@attbi_s03...
To All:

My 6 or 7 year old halogen headlamp broke and I can't fix it so I am
looking for a replacement. I only use it in emergencies such as having to
ski out in the dark and see the trail. Using it to read a book in a tent
is NOT important. These days, there are both halogen and LED headlamps
available. Any recommendations on LED v. halogen and any recommendations
on particular models is appreciated. If it takes AA batteries that is a
plus as my beacon runs on AA's too.

Thanks,

Steve

I would get a dual light model. When you need really bright light, use the
halogen source which will deplete the batteries in a few hours. When you
need a prolonged light source, use the LED source which can be powered for
tens of hours by the batteries. A would recommend the petzl myo 5 or the
myo 5 belt.

BobT