Old April 22nd 05, 03:46 AM
klaus

lal_truckee wrote:

Only 11 feet at the base, 18 feet on the hill. Better hurry, the lifts
probably won't be running after 6 weeks or so more.
http://www.skialpine.com/snow_report.php

Plus it's going to snow some over the weekend. When oh when will we get
some spring skiing?

Wait. You're talking snow. And skiing. We got about a foot and a half
so far in the last few days. Sure sets up fast with the high sun
angle. All the resorts in this canyon are shut down, so it is
beautifully quiet. I love this time of year. No more helicopters, no
more bombs, no more anything. Half the residents are gone. Cabin
Fever. Did I mention one of my hawks is back? Yup. Talks to me every
morning. His mate should show up any day. Next, the owl will start
it's serenade each night. And the coyotes will be back to pulling
pranks. *******s. Oh.... and the moose... give 'em a month.

-klaus