Old February 12th 04, 06:22 PM
Baron

Default Newbie Bindings Question

My questions deals with binding "lingo". I heard of stepins,
clickers, and flow bindings. Can someone give me a quick lesson in
termonology and what is recommended for a beginner?

Most bindings have two straps which tighten down with a ratchet, these are
by far the most popular type. Step-ins are a type where the boot clips into
the binding much like a ski binding, hence popular with crossover skiers but
are quite heavy and restricted to the compatable boot as there are a few
different systems. Clickers are one such proprietary system and have just
been discontinued.

Flow bindings are similar to a windsurfing footstrap in that the foot is
slipped in to the single strap from the back. The highback then folds up
into position to lock the foot in place. Easy to use and works with any
boots (pretty much).

Most people go with straps (inc 99% of pros) but look at www.flow.com and
try them if you like the look.