Old February 25th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Elevation gain?

On Feb 24, 11:16*pm, Camilo wrote:
Just got a new toy: Garmin Forerunner 305. * I went on one of my
favorite skis and came up with the following data.

Distance: 25.5.km
Total ascent: 885 m (2,900 ft?)

Of course total descent was the same since it was a loop.

How does this compare to routes you guys ski on? *Would you consider
this a tough 25 K, average or what?

Just curious, since I've never measured this before.

My average HR was 73% of max (measured max, not calculated). *This ski
was fairly typical of what I call my LSD, but I often think I'm going
a little too hard.

I just did the American Birkebeiner classic (52K) on Saturday and
according to my Suunto T6 we climbed 2680 feet. It has the most
elevation of any race or course that I ever do. Your route has more
elevation in half the distance. My HR was 87% of max.

I'm a very average, although experienced, skier and I'd say your route
was very tough