Old June 28th 05, 01:43 PM
Alastair

Default Where to go for beginners and has a good night life?

Hi all,

Basically as the title says.

I have been snowboarding for 5 years now, been to Cham + Val before
with my friends. This time I am looking to try and get my girlfriend
into winter holidays.

She doesn't like the idea of snowboarding as her balance isn't all that
good, so I am considering taking lessons with her skiing (even although
I have tried it and personally I don't think it is anywhere near as
good as snowboarding) to help talk her into going.

I am looking for somewhere that has the nightlife in comparison to
Cham, but in terms of the slopes it doesn't need to be challenging as
we will both be taking lessons. The location will have to be Europe (as
US & Canada out of budget). France would be preferable so I can
practice my french, but not totally essential.

Will hopefully be going in the new year (as I know Snow isn't
guaranteed, but I went to Val one year right after new year and the
snow was immense!).

Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated

Alastair