Old January 26th 09, 07:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default lifting toes/wax pocket

Brian Pauley wrote:
So then when you see the pros sprint finishing jumping up on their toes, are
then coming down hard on their heels? Or are they just overcoming the
closing by their momentum?

No, the classic sprint pros (like the 5 Norwegian guys who finished 1-5
in the Otepaa (sp?) world cup yesterday) don't need to worry too much
about wax drag because they ski on skis with close to zero grip to begin
with.

I.e. I know that after nearly 50 years of classic skiing I still
wouldn't have a chance to ski properly uphill on skis waxed for a pro.

Terje
PS. On the world cup race yesterday, none of the Norwegians used any
grip wax at all, just a rubbed-up grip zone, due to the wet snow coming
down. :-)

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no