Old December 7th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Who makes bindings these days?

Robert Stevahn wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 04:47:41 GMT, "Dan" wrote:

I can't beleive nobody mentioned FLOW. Look into them, they're design is
great. easy in and out.

The high end carbon models are very stiff and responsive, and not
obscenely heavy though still heavier than strap bindings. Convenience
wins for me -- nobody ever has to wait for me at the top of the hill.

-- Robert

I used to use Flows but switched to Ride SPi's because, oddly enough, I
sometimes found it too hard to get the Flows on. The first foot is
easy, but the second foot, which is inserted at the top of the hill (or
sometimes on the middle of a slope if you have to skate or hike for
some reason), can be tricky. When the Flow "powerstrap" is set tight
enough to make the binding secure when the highback is up, it can be
difficult to wriggle your boot under it. I would end up pushing the
whole board around. I figured that if I was going to have to kneel down
awkwardly to get my foot in (can't do it while sitting), I might as
well get strap bindings.

Joe Ramirez