Old February 26th 04, 02:12 AM
The Real Bev

Default sun glasses ?

Tommy wrote:

Hi All,

I'm going sking for the first time and would like some advice on sun
specs.

Nice. Where are you going?

What types should I be looking at and what sort of price could I
exspect to pay. I'm in the UK

Or should I buy goggles?

If you plan on falling on your face, goggles don't scrape off skin.
Guess how I know this :-( Goggles also keep crosswinds from blowing
your contacts out of position and keep a larger area of your face from
getting sunburned. They're also harder to break, although they present
a larger area to the possibility of getting annoying scratches.

If you get goggles, look for cheap, easy to see out of and comfortable.
Everything else is hype. A lot of people recommend pink/rose for
greatest contrast. Others like sunglass-colored or orange or yellow.
Mine are light yellow, but that's just because I happened to find them
at a yard sale.

--
Cheers,
Bev