Old September 5th 03, 10:45 PM
lal_truckee

mark wrote:

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote

If money is tight, the lore I've always heard is to buy well-fitted
boots first, then worry about the skis later. That being said, I found
that there's a world of difference between rentals and owned skis, if
only because the rentals seemed to use sandpaper as wax ... slow as
hell.

--
monique

The lore you've always heard is absolutely correct.

Who are you renting your skis from? It might be worth your while to try a
few different shops, and give your business to the one that gives you the
best maintained skis, even if it does cost a few more dollars.

Rental fleet skis are very low performance skis; try "performance" or
"demo" rentals.