Old February 28th 11, 03:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry

Default Long adjustable ski poles

Martin Thornquist writes:

[ ]

However I am having trouble finding poles that work.
I use 165cm poles for classic XC skiing, and the longest
adjustable poles I have found are just 145cm at their
longest. I do my tele turns at 115-120cm. But with 145cm
I have to bend over to go uphill, which does not work well.

I have a pair of Gipron poles that go to 165cm. They're a few years
old, I'm not sure about the model, and gipron.it doesn't seem to give
the length of their adjustable poles. I think it's the only model I've
seen that goes longer than 145cm...

Martin

Thanks. Their website has a XC ski pole that goes from 120 to 160, but
I cannot find a site that sells it. I will keep looking. Thanks again,
ah

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.backcountry...)