Old February 6th 06, 02:07 AM

Mike wrote:
They could be
more accurately branded "The European and North American Expensive
Sports Festival."

Dang. I guess we and the Kiwis aren't in it then. Ditto the Argentineans
and the Chileans. Or the South Africans.

What an ignorant article. Do we have to import snow to hot countries that
have none? On a US news channel tonight, I saw a "gee whizz" spot about how
funny foreign people were entering the Games, and they showed Australian
Skeleton racers pracising in the outback. They never once mentioned that
Australia has quite a bit of snow and mountains. Morons.

Shame the article didn't mention that if you are watching the Games in the
US, you'll see nothing that doesn't have a yank flag stuck on it. You won't
see other countries athletes unless they are about to win something (maybe).
You'll just see US athletes, and lots of dross about the local curiosities.
And a ****LOAD of ****ing figure skating. I wish they'd give PBS the
screening rights. We'd actually see The Games.

--
ant