Old July 8th 13, 01:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

Default UK-bound, puzzled

Just as an aside-
We've heard only recently via the press that Americans coming to UK for
the Olympics, Royal Events and Wimbledon etc are arriving with an
inbuilt National belief that British Coffee is unpalatable.
Quite surprising since we import the best coffee grains from around the
world for our domestic use and its the lower grade coffee shops like
Starbucks and Costa which seem to attract our visitors.

We are told that US troops arriving here during the second world war
gave rise to this belief. Our nation was under seige, we were not
getting imports from anywhere so we made coffee substitute by grinding
chicory root.
Another puzzle solved
DD