Old July 7th 13, 08:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_4_]

Default UK-bound, puzzled

On 7/4/2013 2:09 PM, runcyclexcski wrote:
Hey fellow RSNers,

I just accepted a job offer at a university in the UK (Leicestershire). I am prepared to rollerski most of the time, but where would the closest XC skiing be (suitable for a weekend visit)? Also, where's the closest wilderness/solitude backpacking? I haven't seen any "woods" on my drive from London to Leicestershire, only non-fields and sheep. The Apls seem to have only huts/hotels, so I am likely staying away.

I have heard Scotland is the place to go!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...rsports.skiing

http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.co...ry-ski-tracks/