Old July 4th 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default UK-bound, puzzled

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:43:13 PM UTC-4, Terje Mathisen wrote:
runcyclexcski wrote:

Hey fellow RSNers,

I just accepted a job offer at a university in the UK

(Leicestershire). I am prepared to rollerski most of the time, but

where would the closest XC skiing be (suitable for a weekend visit)?

Also, where's the closest wilderness/solitude backpacking? I haven't

seen any "woods" on my drive from London to Leicestershire, only

non-fields and sheep. The Apls seem to have only huts/hotels, so I am

likely staying away.

Look for cheap Norwegian (or Ryan if you have to!) flights to Oslo?

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no

Terje - yes, good one, and this is what I will do for sure for extended trips. But I also need regular weekend getaways.