Old December 15th 03, 10:02 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 at 22:26 GMT, klaus penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 at 21:12 GMT, klaus penned:
That doesn't mean you're doing it right. That means you're not doing
it enough.

-klaus

Interesting point. But I'd think that, in any sport, you could
*always* put in a little more effort. So, as your skill level rises
and your muscles adapt, you should be able to do more and more ...
which will still get you exhausted =)

I guess the level of effort that some people would have to apply to
get themselves all tuckered out might no longer be fun to them,
though.

Exactly. I think most get to a point where they pick and choose when
and where they ski more carefully if they do it a lot. There's just no
reason to ski a lot of days. And many days, conditions change, so you
choose quality over quantity. And then go hit the bar. And if a ski
area restaurant makes you dress up, they aren't worth going to.

I guess I'm still at the point where (almost) any skiing is good skiing.
To be honest, though, bars have never held much attraction for me,
anyway.

It's nice to have restaurants and "stuff to do" nearby, but if I have to
choose between great skiing and a great nightlife, I know which I'll
pick.

--
monique