Old April 30th 04, 05:32 PM
Dell Todd

Default What do you all want to read about?

What I want to know is what the ski community wants from a web site.
There are a lot of great sites that deliver a lot of great info
(skinnyski, fasterskier, xcskiworld, usskiteam, skipost - etc). We
want to complement rather than compete with these existing sites.
Taking into account that this will be run by the athletes and to a
lesser degree the staff of the US team what do you want to read about?
So far we have thought to write up training, racing and random
stories, training info, training and camp opportunities, preparation
ideas? etc. In other words what can we do through this site to help
the American ski community?

Pete you are amazing, for asking. I hope you get what you want from
the community, from that site.

Keep us in the loop on what you guys are doing for training so we can
scale it down for our own purposes. Let us know more about:

* technique because Kris Freeman says we are stuck in the 90's
technique wise

* I liked the small bit on Swedish stomp skate sprinting, like
Marathon Skate

* How to stay healthy while training big hours & racing frequently

* Structure & waxing without giving away your secrets please

* How about food; protein, carbs, Gu's, drinks etc.

* "The day in the life" stuff like Dussault writes, and the SFT team
ski posts. Those are great, esp from the World Cup

* Sprinting...world cup does a lot of sprinting. Other than Zach, how
are we focusing on springing ?

The next question is what can we do to get the American ski public
involved in supporting the athletes of the US Team? How can we get
more people to contribute?

I would like to contribute money by purchasing US Nordic Ski Team
Gear, like that thin white hat you guys have, and other official
stuff. That would be cool. Maybe warmups. I'm planning on buying that
book. Thats a cool idea.

!!!! New idea; include a killer DVD with the book - or separate ! Walk
around w/video camera doing everyday life; your daily training
sessions (who's that chundering in the weeds ?), and race days & film
behind the scenes stuff, like that busines with Andrew Johnson washing
your skivvies by hand in the sink. Kinda gross, but kinda cool, just
because you are on the ski team. That sort of stuff. Vignettes on
running 5k's @ SoHO, plane rides, euro-hotel rooms, what do they eat
over there, recovery skiing on days off, etc etc. You could run with
that one. You guys get to lead quite a cool but tough life. Put in
film, it would make a great DVD.