Old July 20th 10, 11:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

Default Sella Ronda - Pre season opening

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:16:16 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

From what I have been told by local tourist offices, the Sella Ronda circuit
is typically open by the time of the Italian public holiday at the beginning
of December. Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this?

My brother went skiing in Canazei over Christmas . All the areas were open but
if your question was can I do the circuit then that year the answer was no. The
Sella Ronda routes have several low points that may prevent skiing across them.

In general the Tyrol and its italian part are more reliable for early skiing
than the french alps. As ever the weather is a random thing and it may not be
true in a carefully/carelessly chosen year.